Advantage Solutions Sr Director IT Business Engagement in Albany, New York
Senior Director IT Business Engagement
Leads IT Business Engagement Team’s strategic direction and oversees day to day activities for the team. Works closely with key business and IT leaders to drive adoption of solutions and ensure IT projects are positively impacting the business. Responsible for fostering growth and training within the team, drives the implementation of internal programs designed to increase team productivity and effectiveness. Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate effectively with management, subordinates, clients and staff. Expected to prepare written and verbal deliverables, reports and presentations for upper management and client review as required. Responsible for staffing including the hiring firing and forecasting future staffing needs. Key responsibilities around the delivery and governance of IT projects in partnership with the PMO. A strong understanding of applicable technologies and supported business processes is required. Relationship building with business leadership is critical to the success of this role.
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
CONSULTATIVE / RELATIONSHIP BUILDING
• Strong relationship building skills - regularly communicates/collaborates with business partners
• Excels at presenting technology solutions to both business partners and clients (existing and potential)
• Participates / Faciliates alignment meetings, providing project updates and live demos
• Drive strategic value to business partners and clients
• Coaches and monitors Business Engagement Team and their success at Client Relationship Building
BUSINESS ANALYST/PROJECT MANAGEMENT
• Understands business processes, technology integration and project management
• Partners with PMO and ensures BEM group is providing clear and consistent communication to the business
• Ensures governance is in place throughout the project lifecycle, personally facilitating steering committee, executive committee and business alignment meetings
• Works with BEM group and business leadership to understand the big picture and advocates for enhancements/solutions based on broad business need
• Working knowledge of supported systems, understands process and can provide live demos for business and clients
• Functions as the “technical expert” for business leadership or client meetings
LEADERSHIP/BUSINESS ENGAGEMENT OPERATIONS
• Sets direction for direct reports to ensure supported business units are receiving the customer service and innovative technology solutions required
• Recruits, hires and trains new team members; develops direct reports, providing coaching and mentorship to help them reach the next level
• Provides insight, guidance and support to both the Business Engagement and PMO teams
• Continuous improvement is key. Identify benchmarks for the team and our clients in terms of expected quality & level of service
• Works closely with PMO and IT Leadership teams to develop close partnerships in support of IT dept goals and objectives
- Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel is an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is not an essential duty or function of this job.
Travel up to 33% (if based in Irvine)
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
10+ Years of experience in a related field
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Excellent Written & Verbal Communication Skills
Well Organized, Detail Oriented, & able to Handle Fast Paced Work Environment
Demonstrated Ability to Provide Cross-Functional Leadership
Ability to Direct, Lead, & Develop People
Ability to Ensure High Levels of Service & Quality are Maintained
Team Building Skills
Expert Technical Knowledge of Software Applications, Processes, Products, & Hardware Architecture
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Job Locations US | US-CA-Irvine | US-AZ-Phoenix | US-NY-Albany
Postal Code 92602
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2022-416404
Position Type Full Time
Category Professional: (IT, Finance, Legal, HR, Talent Acquisition, Administrative, Customer Service)