Advantage Solutions Sr Web Developer in Atlanta, Georgia
Sr. Web Developer
The Sr. Web Developer is responsible for bringing a solid and experienced portfolio of work and a strong passion to push the envelope on cutting edge technologies and applications to bring our clients the best solutions possible. The incumbent will be strongly grounded in software development methodologies and also be flexible to adapt to an agency environment.
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop website backend using appropriate server-side language (PHP, Node.js), database (MySql, MongoDB, etc) and communication method
• Initial planning and architecting of projects from a technical perspective prior to build
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- Does not have direct reports, but may delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level:(Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:Computer Science or Creative Technology
• 5+ years hands-on Web programming experience with client side technologies as HTML (HTML5 a plus), CSS, JS. Including expertise with design tools as Photoshop
• 5+ years hands-on programming experience at least one server side web technology, object oriented or scripting languages as PHP, Node.JS, C#, Ruby, Python and related languages SQL, XML, JSON, XAML, etc
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Self-managed and motivated
• Demonstrated ability to deliver, launch projects under pressure. fluid to adapt to a highly dynamic agency environment
• Develop website backend communication using PHP, Node.JS
• Develop database structure and implementation using MySQL, MongoDB
• Deploy tested code to staging and production environments
• Collaborate with IN design team on prototypes and best practices
• Strong written and communication skills
• Work well in a team environment, take team attitude to success
• Contribute to development of department-wide standards
• Contribute to evaluation of new technologies, vendors, contractors, and software products.
• Demonstrated experience developing solutions across browsers and devices, especially last few versions of IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari and devices; tablet, mobile, gaming, etc
• Experience modeling, tuning, designing and managing databases as Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, etc
• Strong analytical and problem solving ability. Creatively handle challenges and obstacles, innovating solutions balancing both immediate needs with longer term ownership and maintenance of application being developed
• Experience with software development process tools (JIRA, Git, SVN, Basecamp, Hudson, etc)
• Knowledge and experience with software development best practices and standards
• Knowledge of cloud hosting solutions such as AWS and Rackspace
• Hands on experience architecting, developing and managing Content Management System (CMS) and/or Content Experience Management Systems applications as Drupal, WordPress, Joomla, SiteFinity, etc.
• Hands on experience architecting, developing and managing eCommerce applications as Oracle (ATG) Commerce, IBM WebSphere, Hybris, Magento, etc.
• Experience designing, developing and programming to APIs and web services-based integrations and applications, as RESTful, SOAP, etc.
• Experience with software security best practices and applicable tools to prevent fraudulent and malicious attacks from exposure to vulnerabilities as SQL injection, XSS, etc.
• Mobile application development (iOS, Android) a plus.
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Job Locations US-TX-Dallas | US-VA-Lanexa | US-GA-Atlanta | US-FL-Tampa | US-CA-Irvine
Primary Posting Location : City Dallas
Primary Posting Location : State/Province TX
Postal Code 23089
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2022-417668
Position Type Full Time
Category Professional: (IT, Finance, Legal, HR, Talent Acquisition, Administrative, Customer Service)