Advantage Solutions Sr Manager Marketing in Austin, Texas
Sr Manager Marketing
The primary role is to lead business development in an assigned region. Additionally, this position is responsible for supervising other members of marketing team within the region and overseeing execution and post-analysis of promotional programs. Establish budgets, revenue, and profit goals for all assigned markets. Focus is to ensure that budgeted and measured goals are achieved. Result will be obtained through effective sales and program development skills, communication, excellent leadership skills, and superior follow-up with the team, retailer, company and all third-party partners.
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
• Design, sell and implement promotional programs that are fully compatible with operating parameters. Sell new programs to retailers, internal market leaders, and manufacturers
• Effectively develop Pro forma analyzer within operating parameters. Determine and negotiate project components including: concept, event, media, and POS materials and associated costs.
• Identify and pursue new market/business opportunities.
• Develop sales and marketing plan to achieve revenue objectives; lead team to deliver against plan.
• Oversee research and negotiate with third party properties, events, and media organizations.
• Oversee and direct project management, program tracking, budgets, and internal and external communications.
• Ensure overall effective and flawless communication to deliver desired results.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: 0-2 years of experience in CPG manufacturer trade or brand marketing experience along with field Grocery retailer HQ selling experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
· Possess sales mentality with ability to create and sell marketing programs
· Passionate about the business
· Creative self-starter with the skills and know-how to lead a team to deliver results
· Strong organization, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
· Ability to effectively develop and manage a P&L
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Must be able to present effectively to large groups
· MS Office Suite proficiency
· Must be able to effectively handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Advantage Solutions reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Job Locations US-TX-Austin
Primary Posting Location : Address 2201 E 6th Street
Primary Posting Location : City Austin
Primary Posting Location : State/Province TX
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2020-295733
Position Type Full Time
Category Marketing (Corporate): Integrated Marketing, Experiential Marketing