Advantage Solutions Software Engineer III in Chicago, Illinois
What is a Software Engineer III (Full stack) at Advantage Intelligence?
As a Software Engineer III at Advantage Intelligence, you will be hands-on in developing clean and maintainable full stack applications in collaboration with the cross-functional engineering teams. You will work with the lead Software engineer and the peers in the team in designing and developing products that follow best architectural practices and coding standards. To be effective, you must be a good team player, motivated to learn new technologies and participate in the continuous improvement on the team’s effectiveness.
· Collaborating with various stakeholders to determine software requirements
· Taking full-stack ownership of the product by consistently writing production-ready, and testable code
· Consistently creating optimal design adhering to architectural best practices, scalability, reliability, security, and performance
· Designing, building, documenting, implementing, and operationalizing highly scalable, available, reliable products and applications that are continuously integrated and deployed using automated CI-CD pipelines
· Enabling APM, exception logging, user analytics, monitoring, and alerting for all products and services
· Consistently planning and executing efforts to address technical debt
· Ensuring continuous integration and continuous deployment model is followed across the responsible products and systems
· Continuously learning new coding standards, design patterns, and programming concepts to implement in the software development lifecycle
· Consistently creating and maintaining technical documentation throughout the software development life cycle
· Participating in the team’s knowledge-sharing sessions to enhance the team’s knowledge base
· Consistently monitoring the software development maturity standards and fine-tuning controls like style guidelines, code coverage, and static code analysis for continuous improvement
· Triaging product or system issues in production, debugging, performing root cause analysis, implementing the resolution and preventive measures to maintain the stability of the system
· Continuously improving your domain knowledge by attending trainings and leveraging corporate learning tools
· Fostering a product mindset, identifying opportunities for improving application functionality and performance issues by working with cross-functional teams
Education Level: (Required) : Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Computer Science or comparable major
· Outstanding collaboration and communication skills are essential
· 3+ years of experience with the following:
o Backend development with technologies like C#, .NET core, ASP.Net
o Frontend development with technologies like Angular, React, HTML5, CSS3
o Cloud services, serverless technology, and microservices like Function-as-a-Service, Containers, and managed databases (Azure preferred)
· Experience with the following:
o Developing web applications using REST APIs, microservices, relational and noSQL databases
o Working with concepts and methodologies such as domain-driven design, API-first approach, test driven development
o Implementing continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines with added stages for automated unit tests, code coverage, styling guidelines and static code analysis.
o Developing applications with instrumentation for APM, exception logging and user analytics (Datadog preferred)
o Mentoring and guiding junior developers
The salary range for this role is $130,000-$160,000.
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Perform project planning and sizing activities
Identify and communicate major milestones and risks to achieving those milestones in a positive manner
Coordinate delivery of development (beta) and production releases that meet quality assurance standards
Code back-end services, controllers, and APIs; front-end views and components; and data models that meet the project’s requirements. Advance the codebase by removing technical debt.
SharePoint and .Net Development / Architecture
Architect and develop solutions for complex business problems
Unit test solutions
Develop custom .Net solutions
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in .NET/SQL
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
· Strong knowledge in .NET 4.5/C# and ASP.Net MVC
· Experience with SQL Server 2008 R2+ or equivalent. Ability to write Ad-Hoc SQL
· Familiar with Entity Framework (Code First and Database First)
· Familiar with Agile Development Practices
· Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills
· Ability to share knowledge and expertise with other software engineers
· Strong analytical thinking and problem
· Microsoft technologies (SQL Server 2012, Visual Studio etc)
· Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
· Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
· Motivated to learn, experiment, and use the latest technologies
· Positive attitude with a desire to solve problems
· Familiar with the stages of the software development lifecycle
· Knowledge of security best practices
· Team player who is comfortable partnering with business departments
· Troubleshooting and debugging skills
· Comfortable shuffling priorities and context switching based on business needs
· Possess a sense of pride and confidence in authored code
· Understand the business domain and why a feature is needed, not just how to build it
ATLAS Technology Group is the leading retail analytics platform in the consumer package goods industry. Blue chip CPG manufacturers and retailers leverage Atlas’ platform and tools to garner insight to retail performance. Atlas’ applications provide easy to consume data across sales, supply chain and space planning while extrapolating the highest value information (out-of-stocks, phantom inventory, etc.). Real-time visibility provides product performance visibility and identifies issues for corrective action. Based in Bentonville, AR, Atlas continues to lead the industry with progressive and innovative market solutions.
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Job Locations US-IL-Chicago
Primary Posting Location : City Chicago
Primary Posting Location : State/Province IL
Postal Code 60601
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2023-426743
Position Type Full Time