Advantage Solutions Schematic Associate in Eden Prarie, Minnesota
Come. Stay. Grow. Lead. As part of our commitment to building brands through winning insights for our clients and customers, the Schematic Analyst is a critical role on our Analytics, Insights and Intelligence (or Ai2) team. The data at our fingers tips is exploding at a staggering pace: with more volume, velocity, variety and voracity that ever, our team creates insight-driven solutions that differentiate our company and unlocks brand growth for our clients and customers. If you are looking to make a difference as a part of a great team, come, stay, grow and lead with the Ai2 team at the Company!
The Schematic Analyst works directly with our retailer customers in the planogram creation and production process. The successful candidate will be organized, able to work self-directed as a part of a broader team environment and commands a strong understanding of the retail merchandising and buying process. This associate will be responsible for working with retailer personnel to create planograms using the retailer preferred technology platform. The process often involves analysis of sales data, and always involves meticulous attention to detail to ensure segment and brand flows and all shelving metrics are met. As a representative of the company working on-site at a retailer, emotional maturity and discipline are mandated.
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Planogram Development & Maintenance
• Manage project timelines for assigned categories, often at the direction of the retailer
• Manage the retailer defined category review process and planogram execution
• Planogram production based on retailer defined flows, adjacencies and space definitions
• Planogram quality assurance to make sure all planograms meet assortment requirements, innovation opportunities, and shelving metrics
• Often help execute and evaluate test sets
Data Analysis / Interpretation / Application
• Utilize available sales data to help facilitate planograms with defined days of supply and pack out metrics
• Make assortment decisions utilizing sales and shopper data to support cluster and size-specific planogram requirements
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Travel up to 5%
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): A.S. IN Computer Science, Data Management, or equivalent job-related experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
1+ years of Retail experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team; a hunger for “winning together”
• Self-directed work ethic and desire to succeed; thrives in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize business requests
• Good communication – written and oral – skills and strong interpersonal skills
• Well-organized and strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Intellectually curious, eager to problem solve, and a quick learner
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
• Strong work ethic and desire to succeed (often with minimal supervision)
• Microsoft Office experience : Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of space management technology platforms preferred (JDA, Symphony Gold (Apollo), Spaceman)
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.
Primary Posting Location : Address 7905 Goldent Triangle, Suite 150
Primary Posting Location : City Eden Prarie
Primary Posting Location : State/Province MN
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2018-171665
Position Type Full Time
Category Category Management, Insights and Planning