Advantage Solutions Engineer Software III in Irvine, California
Software Engineer III
The position of Software Engineer III architects, designs, and develops software that support various business units (Sales, Marketing, HR, etc.); systems and software include CRM, Business Intelligence, and other strategic custom software applications. This person will be part of a high performance team responsible for building internal and external web applications for our retail analytics product suite.
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Perform project planning and sizing activities
Identify and communicate major milestones and risks to achieving those milestones in a positive manner
Coordinate delivery of development (beta) and production releases that meet quality assurance standards
Code back-end services, controllers, and APIs; front-end views and components; and data models that meet the project’s requirements. Advance the codebase by removing technical debt.
SharePoint and .Net Development / Architecture
Architect and develop solutions for complex business problems
Unit test solutions
Develop custom .Net solutions
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in .NET/SQL
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
· Strong knowledge in .NET 4.5/C# and ASP.Net MVC
· Experience with SQL Server 2008 R2+ or equivalent. Ability to write Ad-Hoc SQL
· Familiar with Entity Framework (Code First and Database First)
· Familiar with Agile Development Practices
· Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills
· Ability to share knowledge and expertise with other software engineers
· Strong analytical thinking and problem
· Microsoft technologies (SQL Server 2012, Visual Studio etc)
· Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
· Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
· Motivated to learn, experiment, and use the latest technologies
· Positive attitude with a desire to solve problems
· Familiar with the stages of the software development lifecycle
· Knowledge of security best practices
· Team player who is comfortable partnering with business departments
· Troubleshooting and debugging skills
· Comfortable shuffling priorities and context switching based on business needs
· Possess a sense of pride and confidence in authored code
· Understand the business domain and why a feature is needed, not just how to build it
ATLAS Technology Group is the leading retail analytics platform in the consumer package goods industry. Blue chip CPG manufacturers and retailers leverage Atlas’ platform and tools to garner insight to retail performance. Atlas’ applications provide easy to consume data across sales, supply chain and space planning while extrapolating the highest value information (out-of-stocks, phantom inventory, etc.). Real-time visibility provides product performance visibility and identifies issues for corrective action. Based in Bentonville, AR, Atlas continues to lead the industry with progressive and innovative market solutions.
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Job Locations US-CA-Irvine
Primary Posting Location : City Irvine
Primary Posting Location : State/Province CA
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2021-376013
Position Type Full Time
Category Professional: (IT, Finance, Legal, HR, Talent Acquisition, Administrative, Customer Service)