Advantage Solutions Territory Sales Representative in Roseville, California
Territory Sales Representative
The Territory Sales Representative (TSR) is responsible for developing and growing sales volume in their assigned territories through relationship building, and effective fact-based selling and presentations with retail account’s operations personnel at store and market (district) level.
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
· Developing and leveraging relationships with key influence and decision makers in assigned stores and markets.
· Delivering consistent market level contact and administration as per client and customer standards.
· Effectively gaining front end and main aisle presence of client brands.
· Implement strategies to meet or exceed goals for assigned stores and markets.
· Growing POS for client brands by selling incremental display locations, selling the execution of plan-o-grammed locations, executing initiatives as well as maintaining in stock conditions.
· Analyzes and develops business plans each Quarter that identifies opportunities to grow sales within their territory.
Organizing and Planning
· Follows team sales call standards and strategically implements a call coverage plan that meets the business needs of client and the retail customer.
· Administration/Reporting: Complete accurate and timely paperwork, reports, recaps, itineraries, expense reports, etc.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements:
- Travel and Driving is an essential duty and function of this job
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED
(Preferred): Bachelor's Degree
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Sales
- 3-5 years of experience in Sales
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities, and Software/Tools
Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
Excellent customer service orientation
Ability to exercise sound judgment
Ability to make oral presentations
Ability to develop strategic plans to grow the business
Track record of building and maintaining customer/client relationships
Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment
Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Field / Reps Requirements:
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed in a retail in-store environment. Typically requires the ability to travel, drive, and engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 74 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Job Locations US-CA-Sacramento | US-CA-Roseville | US-CA-Folsom
Primary Posting Location : City Sacramento
Primary Posting Location : State/Province CA
Postal Code 95661
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2022-421997
Position Type Full Time
Category Sales (Professional)