Advantage Solutions Manager, Talent Management - Programs in Saint Louis, Missouri
Manager, Talent Management - Programs
As the Manager, Talent Management - Programs, you will manage programs cultivating our most valuable asset—our people. You will be responsible for designing and implementing a range of programs and initiatives that build loyalty, inspire passion, champion growth and unlock the dreams of our associates.
• Conduct engagement surveys, measuring associate satisfaction and translating insights into action.
• Ignite professional growth by guiding individuals along clear, inspiring career paths that encourage skill development and mobility.
• Nurture tomorrow’s leaders, fostering the growth of high-potential talent and making succession planning a cornerstone of our talent management strategy.
• Facilitate the associate development process through tools and training that help bridge the gap between potential and performance.
Job Will Remain Open Until Filled
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop, implement and manage an annual associate engagement survey and quarterly pulse surveys to assess associate satisfaction, trends and opportunities for improvement.
• Analyze survey results and collaborate with leadership and HR Business Partners to develop and implement action plans based on associate feedback.
• Create and maintain a career pathing framework that promotes internal mobility and helps associates understand potential career progression across the company.
• Work with HR Business Partners, the Talent Mobility team and subject matter experts to identify job competencies and skills by role, ensuring that career pathing supports company goals and objectives.
• Design, facilitate and coordinate a talent review process to identify high-potential associates, assess performance and support our development program strategy.
• Collaborate with leadership and HR Business Partners to ensure talent pipelines and succession plans are in place.
• Create and maintain a succession planning framework to identify and nurture high-potential talent within the organization.
• Develop and execute plans to fill key roles with qualified internal candidates.
360 Feedback Process
• Manage the organization's 360-degree feedback process, including the design, implementation, and administration of the feedback tool.
• Recommend to participating supervisors or associates on how to use feedback for professional development.
Individual Development Plans (IDPs)
• Oversee the development and execution of an Individual Development Plan (IDP) process for associates.
• Provide guidance to managers to identify areas for growth and provide resources and support for associates to achieve their career goals.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel is an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is not an essential duty or function of this job.
Travel up to 10%
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
5+ Years of experience in Talent Management / Talent Development / Organizational Development
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Strong project management skills to plan, execute and track progress on various talent programs and initiatives.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to write associate communications and facilitate presentations.
• Strong analytical thinking, including critical thinking and problem-solving skills to identify areas of improvement and drive data-based decision-making.
• A basic understanding of talent management practices, including talent reviews, succession planning, IDPs, and career pathing.
• Effective time management to balance multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines.
• A creative and innovative mindset to develop and improve talent programs over time.
• Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with business leaders, HR, managers and associates to align talent programs with organizational goals.
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job.
Office / Non-Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend, stoop, or climb. May have possible exposure to dust, and may require the ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds 33% - 66% of the time.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Job Locations US-MO-Saint Louis | US-KS-Topeka | US-NY-New York
Primary Posting Location : City Saint Louis
Primary Posting Location : State/Province MO
Primary Posting Location : Postal Code 63129
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2023-430596
Position Type Full Time
Category Professional: (IT, Finance, Legal, HR, Talent Acquisition, Administrative, Customer Service)
Minimum USD $80,000.00/Yr.
Maximum USD $90,000.00/Yr.