Advantage Solutions Account Executive in San Diego, California
At the company, we build people, brands and businesses!Are you acreative thinker and self-starter who is able to effectively handle multiple tasks and projects? The Company is currently seeking a successful Account Executive (AE).The AE serves as the agency relationship manager with the client to ensure their needs and objectives are achieved through execution of strategically grounded marketing programs. A successful Account Executive will deliver measurable results to the client for their brands through program management.As part of our winning team, you’ll receive top-tier training, competitive base salary, and a comprehensive benefits package all with the opportunity for career growth.Looking to make an impact on overall growth strategies for the Consumer Package Goods industry?Then apply today for a chance to join the largest sales and marketing agency in North America!
Project Management duties: Track and manage programs and timelines, maintain budget accuracy, conduct post promotional analyses for reporting throughout the business
Develop stellar interdepartmental, cross-functional relationships with leaders throughout the company
Determine project components based on objectives, including concept, event, tactics, associated costs
Research and party vendors and negotiate services to augment project objectives
Collaborate with company’s sales force, broker organization and/or marketing team throughout program development, execution, and post analysis
Responsible for managing the creative development process and ensuring all concept, graphic design and copy elements are completed with the appropriate communication priorities and client approvals
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
1-2 years of experience in consumer the product goods industry, brand management, or agency
Must possess exception written and verbal communication skills
Proven track record of developing and utilizing cross functional relationships with stakeholders throughout the business
Travel is an essential duty and function of this job
Ability to balance multiple projects with conflicting deadlines in a fast paced environment
Proficiency with Microsoft Office
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Account Executive serves as the agency liaison with the client to ensure that the client’s needs and objectives are achieved through execution of strategically grounded marketing programs. Primary role is development, implementation, financial management and post-analysis of promotional programs in conjunction with client and/or customer personnel. A successful Account Executive will deliver measurable results to the client for their brands through flawless program management. Additionally, they must be able to collaborate effectively to deliver on mutual client and retailer objectives. Results will be obtained through effective communication and superior follow-up with the client, customer, internal agency and all third party vendors.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Primary Job Responsibilities – Personal Accountability
• Perform project management duties including: program tracking, timeline development and management, budget management and reconciliation, post-promotional analyses, and internal and external reporting
• Interface with the client on a regular basis to plan and manage programs and events; the amount of interaction with the client will be prescribed by the needs of the specific client service team and client relationship
• Develop effective client and retailer relationships to facilitate communication and execution with internal departments, including creative and production, to ensure that client deliverables are successfully achieved
• Determine project components based on objectives, including concept, event, tactics, associated costs and identify third party vendors who offer those services
• Research, negotiate, and plan with third party vendors and organizations, based upon scope of tactical execution plan, to deliver flawless executive
- Often necessitates securing of a minimum of three (3) third party quotes to secure best rate for service provided
• Collaborate with company’s sales force, broker organization and/or marketing team throughout program development, execution, and post analysis
• Build and own complete understanding of managed brands/retailers
• Other related duties as assigned
Primary Job Responsibilities – Cross-Functional Accountability
• Responsible for managing the creative development process and ensuring all concept, graphic design and copy elements are completed with the appropriate communication priorities and client approvals
• Support agency partners with coordination of deliverables and updates
• Communicate and interact effectively with agency team members in all departments and/or clients to deliver timely information and reports
• Other related duties as assigned
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements:
Travel is an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is not an essential duty or function of this job.
Travel up to As needed
Minimum Qualifications: The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
(Preferred): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Marketing
- 1-2 years of experience in consumer product, brand or agency
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadlines
• Ability to make oral presentations
• Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
• Team building Skills
• Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
• Good interpersonal skills
• Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment
• Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
• Creative thinker and self-starter who is able to effectively handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
• Strong organization, negotiation, and problem solving skills
Environmental & Physical Requirements:
Office / Non-Sedentary Requirements:
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend, stoop, or climb. May have possible exposure to dust, and may require the ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds 33% - 66% of the time.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions:
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.
Primary Posting Location : City San Diego
Primary Posting Location : State/Province CA
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2018-181503
Position Type Full Time
Category Client Services/Account Management