Advantage Solutions Senior Accountant in Seattle, Washington
At our Company, we grow People, Brands, and Businesses!We are seeking adetailed and results-driven Senior Accountant. The ideal candidate will be responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information and prepare financial statements in conformity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for assigned offices/divisions. The ideal candidate will have experience with full cycle accounting in medium to large organizations that have a minimum of $75 million in revenue.
Take this opportunity to join North America’s leading business solutions provider and build your career working with amazing people in a growing industry! Apply today!
What we offer:
Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
401(k) with company match
Training and Career Development
Generous Paid Time-Off
General Ledger and Accounting Cycle.
Ensure accurate financial results by preparing the financial data for the closing of the monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting cycles.
Protect the Company’s financial assets by reconciling the company’s bank accounts to the General ledger and preparing journal entries.
Summarize current financial status by collecting information preparing spreadsheets and reports.
Perform expense report tracking administration (Concur) including; audit of reports on an as needed basis.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related fieldis required
3-5 years of experience in Accounting, Finance or equivalent job-related experience
Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadlines
Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information and prepare financial statements in conformity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for assigned offices/divisions.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the month end closing process and monthly forecasts as applicable. Prepare journal entries with proper supporting documentation. Ensure all deadlines are met. Analyze for discrepancies and solve or escalate any issue which may arise.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording of revenue and expenses. Uses knowledge of accounting principles/GAAP as well as understanding of business operations to determine appropriateness of transactions. Proactively investigate and resolve discrepancies. Research and explain account fluctuations.
- Independently prepare draft financial statements and financial management reports in conformity with GAAP and company accounting policy. Analyze fluctuations in revenue, expenses and margins and provide explanations for variances. Design financial reports and collaborate with other teams to implement needs. Make recommendations to Controller for streamlining of and improvement to reports.
- Perform detailed review and analysis of all balance sheet accounts and prepare reconciliations for month, quarter and year end. Proactively identify issues and resolve and bring to the Controller’s attention when necessary.
- Perform detailed review and analysis of information obtained from internal customers and divisional management and ensures compliance with internal control policies.
- Develop and maintain relationship with Operations. Provide guidance and direction to Operations on accounting policies and procedures. Work closely with Corporate Accounting and the other Marketing divisions. Train and supervise the Staff Accountant role (where applicable).
- Record and reconcile all inter-company transactions. Work closely with the Staff Accountants from the other divisions to ensure balances net out to zero company-wide at month end.
Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Driving is not an essential duty and function of this job
Travel up to 10%
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Accounting
3-5 years of experience in private industry or a combination of public/private
CPA or CPA in process preferred, or commensurate on the job experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Excellent time-management skills with demonstrated ability to work with multiple projects and meet assigned deadlines
Good oral and written communication skills
Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills as well as attention to detail
Ability to act and operate independently with minimal direction from manager to accomplish objectives
Solid understanding of GAAP and accounting theory
Intermediate to advanced PC skills, including a strong understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Must present a professional image and be able to represent the company in a professional manner
Environmental & Physical Requirements
The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Job Locations US | US-CA-Irvine | US-AZ-Phoenix | US-NY-Albany | US-WA-Seattle | US-TX-Austin
Postal Code 92602
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2022-424112
Position Type Full Time
Category Professional: (IT, Finance, Legal, HR, Talent Acquisition, Administrative, Customer Service)