Advantage Solutions Full Time Retail Sales Representative Canada in STE. FOY, Canada
Full Time Retail Sales Representative
At our company, we grow people, brands, and businesses.
We are hiring a self-motivated Retail Sales Representative toservice and sell to retail accounts within an assigned territory, ensuring client standards are met and sales volumes are increased. The Retail Sales Representative possesses strong sales skills and the confidence to influence key decision makers at the store level.This role works with one of our industry-leading clients in the Consumer Package Goods (CPG) industry with brands in categories such as Grocery, Personal Care, and Frozen Food. The ideal candidate is independent, ambitious, and driven to succeed.
Take this opportunity to join North America’s leading business solutions provider and build your career working with amazing people and earning competitive pay, APPLY TODAY!
Things To Consider:
You will be assigned a territory servicing multiple locations, access to reliable transportation is critical
Shifts are Monday through Friday
Able to lift or push up to 50 pounds; comfortable standing, stooping and bending for long periods of time
What We Offer:
Full Time Benefits
Generous Paid Time Off
Paid training and ongoing career development
Mileage and travel reimbursement
Competitive pay rates
What You’ll Do:
Flex your organizational skills to build relationships with store personnel, create impactful action plans, and support a positive brand image
Ensure sales are flawlessly executed on time and against client’s growth initiatives
Meet and exceed sales goals by increasing in-store visibility of client products and promotions
Ensure products are always available by maintaining merchandising and display standards
Implement innovativemarketing strategies that drive product positioning and awareness
High school diploma or GED or equivalent experience
1-2 years of retail sales or merchandising experience preferred
Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with customers at all personnel levels
Demonstrated ability to multi-task, elevated sense of urgency, and attention to detail
Strength working independently, but also as a member of a team
General computer skills/understanding and daily Internet accessibility
The Company welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations, accessible formats and communication supports upon request to persons with disabilities who take part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If you require accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact: Recruiter, Talent Acquisition, for external applicants, or, a Supervisor for internal applicants.
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Retail Sales Representative (RSR) is responsible for developing and growing sales volume in their assigned territory through effective fact-based selling and relationship building with retail account’s operations personnel at store and market (district) level.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Developing and leveraging relationships with key influence and decision makers in assigned stores and markets
• Delivering consistent market level contact as per client standards
• Effectively gaining front end and main aisle presence of client brands. This is accomplished in conjunction and alignment with store or market personnel so that the primary merchandising and stocking duties are done by store personnel. This collaborative relationship is developed on a mutual interest and business relationship.
• Meeting or exceeding POS to plan goals for assigned stores and markets
• Delivering a positive gap versus Non-DRT
• Growing POS for client brands by selling incremental display locations, selling the execution of plan-o-gramed locations, executing initiatives as well as maintaining in stock conditions.
• Analyze and develop business plans each trimester that identifies opportunities to grow sales within their territory. This business plan would include a review of the previous trimester, analysis of upcoming POS to plan goals, opportunities to close gaps, an action plan with specific territory goals and time table.
Organizing and Planning
• Follow team sales call standards and effectively orchestrate a call coverage plan that meets the business needs of client and the retail customer.
• Administration/Reporting- complete accurate and timely paperwork, reports, recaps, itineraries, timesheets, expense reports, etc.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel is not an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is an essential function of this job.
Education Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
- 1-3 years of previous experience in retail sales
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
• Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
• Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Field / Administrative Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office, field, retail store, or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential. A detailed Environmental and Physical Requirements document is available in the Total Rewards department.
Additional Information Regarding ASM Job Duties and Job Descriptions
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to race, nation or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy and childbearing), sexual orientation, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability or pardoned criminal convictions, or any other category protected by law.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Employee understands that neither the provision of the Job Description nor any representation in this document creates a guarantee or contract of employment for any specified period of time or changes the nature of Employee’s employment, which can only be modified in a writing signed by the CEO.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The Company welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations, accessible formats and communication supports upon request to persons with disabilities who take part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If you require accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact: Recruiter, Talent Acquisition, for external applicants, or, a Supervisor for internal applicants
Job Locations CA-QC-STE. FOY
Position Type Full Time
Postal Code G1V 4T3
Requisition ID 2020-299376
Category Retail Sales Merchandising