Advantage Solutions Manager of Retail Compliance and Finance in United States
Manager of Retail Compliance and Finance
The Manager of Retail Compliance/Finance Business Analyst Team supports internal retail in growing the core business with accurate and insightful data analysis. Knowledge of and experience with software tools to create, edit, and analyze complex reports, graphs, and presentations. Make sound decisions and the ability to take initiative and accountability for the accuracy of information. Independently take ownership of compliance by effectively coordinating all the necessary resources. Resolve complex, non-routine problems, and issues where no precedent has been established or exists with limited supervision.
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Manager Retail Compliance/Finance Business Analyst supports internal retail in growing the core business with accurate and insightful data analysis. Knowledge of and experience with software tools to create, edit, and analyze complex reports, graphs, and presentations. Make sound decisions and the ability to take initiative and accountability for the accuracy of information. Independently take ownership of compliance by effectively coordinating all the necessary resources. Resolve complex, non-routine problems, and issues where no precedent has been established or exists with limited supervision.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Manage Direct Reports:
• Manage, train, and mentor team to help them achieve skill development and professional objectives.
• Responsible for hiring, firing, correction actions, promotion recommendations, etc.
• Manage workload of direct reports to ensure client satisfaction.
• Create best-in-class practices for team to follow.
• Ensure team thoroughly understands companies' businesses and the issues and challenges facing the industry and organization.
• Analyze business needs/requirements and provide recommendations to implement and administer new/existing products, processes, and systems.
• Identify Retail Billing/Finance/Compliance organization's strengths and weaknesses and suggest areas of improvement.
• Utilize various data systems, extract raw data from reporting systems, and conduct in-depth analysis on various Billing/Finance/Compliance.
• Define major business opportunities by prioritizing information to support the goals of our Clients, Retail, and Company.
• Consult with internal and external customers to present data and provide actionable insights to assist with meeting business objectives, tactics, or compliance strategies.
Project/Client Management and Support:
• Oversee project execution and ensuring the team’s established deliverables were complete and on time.
• Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management.
• Provide business updates and track overall business compliance for management and executive team.
• Manage and maintain ongoing strategic and collaborative relationships.
- Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Travel up to 10 %
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level:(Required) Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
(Preferred) Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:Business Administration
- 5+ years of experience in retail/category insights and analytics role (CPG or Agency)
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Analytical and research Skills
Ability to direct, lead, coach, and develop people
Team building Skills
Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadlines
Excellent customer service orientation
Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment/remote. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Job Locations US
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2022-421958
Position Type Full Time
Category Professional: (IT, Finance, Legal, HR, Talent Acquisition, Administrative, Customer Service)